But, what if the Mayans were right and December 21 marks the end of the world? A Reuter’s poll actually shows that 10% of us feel edgy about Friday and are prepping for the big day by stockpiling food and meds in the basement. But, not me.
I’m OK with the world ending Friday for the following reasons:
- I don’t have to worry about a New Year’s date
- I can eat as many pieces of greasy pepperoni pizza as I can fold and chew
- Don’t have to go to the gym for the next two days
- Can go do an hour in the tanning bed
- Can stop writing checks right now
- No more worries about my inability to retire til I’m the new “world’s oldest person alive”
- I can eat Hellman’s regular mayo straight from the jar into my arteries
- I can order that bottle of Cristal with my credit card knowing the bill will never come
But, I’m not OK with the world ending Friday for the following reasons:
- I’d like to see my daughter grow up
- Want another season of Homeland
- I need more time to feel I’ve actually accomplished something
- I just got one of those manicures with long lasting polish
- We might get the green light on a big project in March
- A cute guy on JDate wants to meet mid-January
- Want to be around to see a ban on assault weapons
So as we gift wrap another year, I saw something in an e-mail that struck me as the perfect resolution. It’s to stop auditing life and start living it. And that is exactly what I intend to do.
Happy Holidays everyone!